Another Prereview

Recently I posted thoughts on a few security books on my shelf. Today I received an absolutely gigantic new book called The Art of Software Security Assessment: Identifying and Avoiding Software Vulnerabilities by Mark Dowd, John McDonald, and Justin Schuh. This is a 1200-page book on discovering vulnerabilities in all sorts of software. I plan to read it along with similar books over the next month or so.

Books on how to break software in order to make it better seem to be the hottest titles on the market. This is exactly the sort of book I would expect most vendors to dislike, although titles like Hunting Security Bugs, published by shows some vendors realize that if they don't test their software first, some attacker in Bucharest will do it for them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics